The Billing Specialist responsibilities will include, but not be limited to, the following duties:
- Handle all aspects of billing and billing guidelines received from the firm’s various clients, including appeals;
- Enters SD copy jobs, OC copy jobs, LA copy jobs.
- Coordinates with LA, OC & SAC re: the entering of copy and postage expenses.
Serves as back-up support in the following areas:
- Perform initial conflict checks for attorneys prior to take on new cases / clients.
- Issue new client-matter numbers after receiving the completed Case Opening Form from attorneys.
- Set up new clients in Juris, including splits.
- Maintain client information in Juris (i.e. process changes).
- Back up to Fees and Costs requests.
One year certificate from college or technical school; or three to six months’ related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos. Ability to write simple correspondence. Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the firm.
Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume. Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form.
OTHER SKILLS AND ABILITIES
Capable of operating standard office equipment such as photocopy machines, fax machines, typewriter, calculator or adding machine. Basic knowledge of IBM compatible personal computers. Working knowledge of computerized spreadsheet software such as Excel. Minimum typing speed of 35 words per minute.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; and converse over the telephone. The employee is occasionally required to stand and walk. Specific vision abilities required by this job include ability to read fine print on contracts or other documents.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is typically assigned an individual desk, computer workstation, and phone within the accounting office. The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet.
Please submit your resume to: