Lauren Doucette, CP is eDiscovery Strategy Coordinator with Klinedinst. Ms. Doucette supports clients with cutting-edge technology through each step of their litigation matter, utilizing tools such as Relativity, the firm’s in-house eDiscovery platform. Ms. Doucette consults with attorney teams regarding eDiscovery issues, such as ESI protocols, production orders, protection orders, Rule 26F conference, search terms, and the meet and confer process.
In addition to working with clients, Ms. Doucette assists in developing new policies for the firm, such as data security, litigation hold, ESI collection, and digital file retention. She is also responsible for performing various training sessions on new legal technology.
In 2016, Ms. Doucette earned the “Certified Paralegal” designation through NALA, and was named the San Diego Paralegal Association’s Paralegal of the Year. Recipients are recognized for demonstrating leadership in their firms and the greater community, and for giving back to the community through mentorship and pro bono hours. Ms. Doucette received her Bachelor of Arts in Environmental Studies from University of California, Santa Cruz.
A litigation technology enthusiast, she authors a blog on eDiscovery solutions for small to mid-sized cases called An Open Source Guide to ESI. She serves as the Assistant Chapter Director for the Women in eDiscovery San Diego Chapter, which hosts monthly CLE presentations on various eDiscovery topics and supports a mentorship program for members.
Ms. Doucette currently serves as a 2016 Officer on the Board of the San Diego Paralegal Association, and was appointed as the Committee Chair for Public Relations and Website. She also launched the Association’s mentorship program which currently supports fifty participants in monthly meet-ups and quarterly networking mixers.
Professional and Community Affiliations
- San Diego Paralegal Association: Officer on the Board
- Women in eDiscovery San Diego: Assistant Chapter Director
- University of San Diego Paralegal Alumni Association
- National Association of Legal Assistants*Paralegals
- California Alliance of Paralegal Association
- Lawyers Club of San Diego
- “Technology for Litigators: A Glimpse into the Federal Courtroom,” Federal Bar Association & Women in eDiscovery (January, 2017)
- “eDiscovery Basics,” San Diego ESI Forum (February, 2017)
- “San Diego County Bar Association Technical Series – Microsoft Word for Attorneys, ” San Diego County Bar Association Bar Journal (May – August, 2016)
- “Litigation Technology Management Program, Legal Project Management,” University of California, San Diego, Extension (June, 2016)
- “Career Development Panel,” University of San Diego Paralegal Program (February – June, 2016)
- “Early Data Analysis,” Women in eDiscovery San Diego (March, 2016)
- “The Importance of Mentorship,” Women in eDiscovery San Diego (November, 2015)
- “eDiscovery Ethics for the Paralegal,” Network Depositions MCLE (May, 2015)
- “Utilizing Twitter’s Archive Function for Preservation & Collection,” Facts & Findings, NALA Paralegal Newsletter (January/February, 2017)
- “Cell Phone Extraction for the Small Firm,” Facts & Findings, NALA Paralegal Newsletter (November/December, 2016)
- “Top 5 Apps for Litigators,” California Alliance of Paralegal Association’s RECAP Newsletter (September, 2016)
- “Top Five Tricks for Rehabilitating Old Transactional Agreements,” For the Record (June, 2016)
- “Slack – The New Hotspot for ESI,” San Diego Paralegal Association Precedents Newsletter (March, 2016)
- “Collecting ESI Held Within Facebook,” San Diego Paralegal Association Precedents Newsletter (December, 2015)
- “Cell Phone Extraction Via Tansee iPhone Transfer,” San Diego Paralegal Association Precedents Newsletter (November, 2015)
- Timeline 3D,” San Diego Paralegal Association Precedents Newsletter (November, 2015)
- “Mentorship is Magic,” San Diego Paralegal Association Precedents Newsletter (August, 2015)