Uses independent analysis and creativity in researching law and background investigation. The eDiscovery Analyst/Paralegal works in conjunction with the eDiscovery Administrator supporting the firm’s eDiscovery to use our on-premise Relativity Software environment to deliver data for Attorney review. The eDiscovery Paralegal also works directly with attorneys, other paralegals, and secretaries in all of the firm’s offices, as well as personnel in related office services, information technology, and the firm’s management team. The eDiscovery Analyst/Paralegal must be proficient in, or have an extreme propensity to learn, the use and administration of the firm’s primary on-premises Relativity instance.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned as needed.
- Must have experience with Relativity eDiscovery Software.
- Currently certified or significantly experienced with Relativity eDiscovery and other discovery software (loading, processing, review, analytics, and productions).
- Intake and analyze data in preparation for loading and processing by compiling reports (including those needed for billing approval), and converting, editing, formatting, and normalizing data/load files as needed.
- Import and process data into the firm’s eDiscovery review tools.
- Assist in developing effective searches, referencing ESI Protocols (when applicable), following entered Protective Orders, and implementing data analytics in the firm’s eDiscovery tools.
- Provide technical support to review and trial teams, and troubleshoot challenges with incoming data and software applications.
- Assist with resolving software and minor hardware issues relating to the firm’s eDiscovery tools.
- Provide training end-user support of the firm’s eDiscovery tools.
- Migrate data within, to, and from the firm’s eDiscovery tools.
None are required.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The candidate must have a minimum of 3 years eDiscovery experience. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Multi-tasking, strong organizational, written and verbal communication skills, excellent team player and the ability to work under pressure are required.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
Experience working in an eDiscovery or litigation support environment including knowledge of the litigation process, advanced understanding of the technology supporting litigation efforts, and knowledge of eDiscovery best practices, including the EDRM and The Sedona Conference publications. Have, or possess the ability to acquire within a reasonable amount of time, working knowledge of Microsoft SQL, Case Notebook, Case Map, Adobe Acrobat, Trial Director, Relativity, Summation Pro, and Summation iBlaze. Must possess the ability to import/export/ and convert data utilizing a variety of software packages; must be skilled working with outside vendors. Working knowledge of electronic data collection, processing, and productions are required.
Ability to define problems and propose solutions, perform independent analysis, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Due to the time constraints associated with the nature of litigation and the competing priorities of the organization’s workload, this position is regularly required to deal with strict deadlines requiring increased efficiency and, at times, may result in increased stress. This position requires independent authority in the management of multiple projects and may require work in excess of forty (40) hours per week, as well as a requirement to meet a pre-determined number of billable hours.
Please submit your resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org