The eDiscovery Analyst works in conjunction with the eDiscovery Strategy Coordinator supporting the firm’s eDiscovery and data manipulation needs. The eDiscovery Analyst, based in our San Diego location, also works directly with attorneys, paralegals, and secretaries in all of firm’s offices, as well as personnel in related office services, information technology and the firm’s management team. The firm employs Relativity as its primary eDiscovery tool, and the eDiscovery Analyst must be proficient with the use and administration of this software solution.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Essential duties and responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned as needed.
- Currently certified or significantly experienced with Relativity eDiscovery Software (processing, review, analytics, and productions).
- Create, maintain, and archive databases residing in the firm’s eDiscovery tools.
- Receive and analyze incoming data in preparation for loading and processing by compiling reports (including those needed for billing approval), and converting, editing, formatting, and normalizing data/load files as needed.
- Import and process data into the firm’s eDiscovery tools, identify proper time zone, implement quality controls, review and resolve errors, track custodian information, ensure compliance with data retention policies, and prepare databases for review by creating batches, running structural analytics, creating indexes, and customizing issue/witness tags as appropriate.
- Customize coding panels (when appropriate) to meet the needs of the case team and the type of review being conducted.
Assist in developing effective searches, referencing ESI Protocols (when applicable), and implementing data analytics in the firm’s eDiscovery tools.
- Provide technical support to review and trial teams, and troubleshoot challenges with incoming data and software applications.
- Perform advanced document services tasks using Export/PDF tools, batch utilities, and diagnostic software.
- Prepare document productions by running various quality control, orphan, and privilege checks, resolve coding discrepancies, image documents, endorse images, and export data from the firm’s eDiscovery tools.
- Monitor project and system health metrics in the firm’s eDiscovery tools and communicate status in a timely manner.
- Work closely with case teams and vendors to establish budgets, seek competitive proposals for approval, and coordinate outsourced eDiscovery assignments as required
- Assist with resolving software and minor hardware issues relating to the firm’s eDiscovery tools.
- Provide training for and end-user support of the firm’s eDiscovery tools.
- Migrate data to and from the firm’s eDiscovery tools.
- Remain current in eDiscovery industry best practices and maintain an intricate knowledge of the firm’s eDiscovery tools.
- Ability to remain organized and function at a high-level in deadline driven environment where priorities will often compete.
None are required.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Multi-tasking, strong organizational, written and verbal communication skills, excellent team player and the ability to work under pressure are required.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
Experience working in an eDiscovery or litigation support environment including knowledge of the litigation process, advanced understanding of the technology supporting litigation efforts, and knowledge of eDiscovery best practices. Must be proficient with Relativity and the Microsoft Office suite, and have, or possess the ability to acquire within a reasonable amount of time, a working knowledge of Microsoft SQL, Case Notebook, Case Map, Adobe Acrobat, Trial Director, Summation Pro and Summation iBlaze. Must possess the ability to import/export/ and convert data utilizing a variety of software packages; must be skilled working with outside vendors. Working knowledge of electronic data collection, processing and productions are required.
Please submit your resume to: