Take your career to the next level at Klinedinst PC. Klinedinst is seeking an enthusiastic, hard-working and focused help desk technician to join our growing Orange County office. The help desk tech is an important member of the IT department, working in concert with team members in all five offices in support of the firm’s computers, secure networks, and cloud-based services.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Respond to the needs and questions of network users concerning their access to resources on the network and the operation of various software programs;
- Install and update software applications, as required;
- Establish and maintain network users, user environment, directories, and security;
- Help with IT configuration and installation of OC office in larger, Class A space with new on-site amenities (Summer 2019);
- Update the desktop operating system as required, familiarity with the latest software, including Windows 10 and Office 2016;
- Perform software image updates and installation of desktop and laptop systems utilizing Windows deployment tools, and imaging software;
- User account administration including setup, rights, email distribution and security groups; and
- Remote troubleshooting with remote management software.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
Bachelor’s degree (B.A.) from a four-year college or university; or one to two years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to draft procedural instructions. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
Ability to work with basic mathematical concepts and numbers. Ability to understand, work with and apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical solutions.
Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
None are required, but candidates should be in pursuit of a professional certification.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to stand, walk, and sit. The employee is occasionally required to reach with hands and arms and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Professional business office environment. Employee may be required to travel to branch office sites to provide network user support.
If you are looking for the opportunity to be a part of our Orange County office, please e-mail your resume to email@example.com. Recruiters need not apply.