The Legal Applications Trainer will perform training on all software programs for attorneys, paralegals and staff.
- Drive training related projects
- Analyze technical skill level in order to develop and perform appropriate training programs
- Create and perform training programs to be presented via WebEx, one-on-one and group sessions in the various office locations
- Create material for all training programs
- Coordinate new and updated software testing, rollouts, feedback with IT
- Train new hires on all software and procedures, including follow up to ensure proper use
IN-HOUSE ATTORNEY TRAINING
- Coordinate new attorney training, including calendaring, securing conference rooms and media requirements, calendaring and communication to all necessary employees.
- Create and maintain State Bar Logs and certificates for seminars.
- Coordinate with outside vendors to do value added MCLE seminars for attorneys and paralegals. Order lunches as necessary and communicate with all necessary employees for set up. Arrange Web Ex as necessary.
- Coordinate and/or develop programs for ongoing training
- Conduct quarterly lunch and learns for all locations, alternating the host location
- New software training either with presentations or screen shots via email
- Help desk support – training applications and trouble-shooting documents.
- Online research of courts, rules, applications
- Track staff education
- Determine appropriate training methods and programs for employees
- Maintain Star 12 online seminar account for employees to access
- Coordinate harassment training for new supervisors and biannual training for existing supervisors. General harassment training for all employees. Currently using EmTrain for online training as an efficient means to accomplish this training.
SOFTWARE AND OTHER TRAINING MATERIALS
- Creation of training materials using screen shots and comprehensive text for new programs and procedures.
- Testing and analysis of new software, including follow up and reporting to IT or programmers.
- Proficient in adult-learning techniques
- Possess a strong technical knowledge of various software programs
- Strong aptitude to learning new technology
- Ability to develop and design training programs and material
- Exceptional presentation skills both in person and via WebEx
- Exceptional communication skills both orally and written
- Takes initiative, ownership and commits to the position
- Technical knowledge of legal specific software such as SmoothDocs, CoreRelate, Summation Pro, Forms Workflow or other similar technology
- Experience training technology to professionals focused on legal work
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, handle or feel; and talk and hear. The employee is regularly required to engage in repetitive motion of the hands and fingers to enter data into a computer.
The employee is typically assigned to an individual work space. All equipment and supplies required to perform assigned tasks will be provided by the employer. The noise level in the work environment is typically quiet. The employee will be traveling to the different office locations.
If you are looking for the opportunity to be a part of our San Diego office, please e-mail your resume to email@example.com.
Recruiters need not apply.