Klinedinst PC is seeking an organized and professional Legal Operations Manager to join our vibrant and collaborative team. The ideal Legal Operations Manager candidate would oversee the operations of our Los Angeles and Irvine locations, two of our newest offices that primarily handle civil litigation.
Klinedinst is dedicated to providing top-caliber legal services to clients across the West, while nurturing the professional development and personal advancement of each and every employee. We work hard to promote a positive, energizing culture built on teamwork and inclusion.
As Legal Operations Manager, we want you to help lead this team.
This management-level role allows for the development of working relationships within multiple offices, and will be working alongside exceptional other team members in a dynamic environment. The Legal Operations Manager is responsible for the day-to-day administration of the Los Angeles and Irvine offices, including, but not limited to, the following duties:
LEGAL OPERATIONS MANAGER PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES
- Oversee and manage the hiring, training, development and discharge of all staff in Los Angeles and Irvine.
- Promote teamwork, inclusion and the firm’s Core Values in Los Angeles and Irvine offices. Provide leadership, motivation and a positive presence.
- Prepare annual staff evaluations, conduct review meetings with HR Manager and make recommendations for salary adjustments/bonuses, as budgets allow.
- Conduct staff, paralegal and secretary meetings as necessary, and coordinate with various Management Team members to ensure consistent application of policies and procedures in all locations.
- Approve PTO (Paid Time off), overtime and make up time, including coordinating vacations and coverage, for the staff in Los Angeles and Irvine.
- Coordinate the administration of leaves of absence, workplace injuries and investigations with the HR Manager.
- Provide Staff employee counseling and administer discipline, in coordination with HR Manager, COO and/or Managing Shareholder(s).
- Promote compliance with the Staff and Attorney Handbooks and ensure these efforts are documented when necessary.
- Oversee and manage secretarial/paralegal workflow and coordinate timekeeper/secretary assignments.
- Oversee and manage all facilities related departments (production/records/reception) and the associated vendor relationships in Los Angeles and Irvine.
- Assess Litigation Support needs, make recommendations re: same, and oversee litigation support efforts and associated vendor relationships.
- Participate in the evaluation of litigation support programs and assist with training.
- Attend and report at monthly attorney meetings, communicate regularly with Los Angeles and Irvine managing shareholders and participate in quarterly Management Team meetings.
- Promote the Firm’s benefit programs and collaborate with Payroll and HR provide answers to questions.
- Work in collaboration with all Management Team members to ensure various firm campaigns are understood, promoted and successful in Los Angeles and Irvine. Examples of firm campaigns include social events, informational meetings, changes to benefits, retreats, requests for information, etc.
- Resolve conflicts and/or challenges within the Los Angeles and Irvine offices. Act as liaison between teammates in Los Angeles/Irvine and teammates/Management Team members in other offices.
- Ensure the office space is well-maintained and presentable at all times. Act as the primary contact for the Building Management Office(s) and ensure the firm is perceived as a favorable tenant.
- Travel between Los Angeles and Irvine on a regular basis in order to maintain a presence in both locations. Travel to San Diego as needed.
- Ensure all office equipment is well-maintained and evaluate requests for additional equipment. Secure approval for the procurement of new equipment when necessary.
- Analyze Los Angeles/Irvine office supply expenditures and recommend alternatives/new vendors when needed. Maintain office supplies vendor relationship.
- Oversee Librarian’s role and provide support as needed.Participate in annual budgeting process, and provide support for online research contract negotiation.
- Ensure proper accounting controls are employed in Los Angeles and Irvine.
- Coordinate the hiring process for staff in our growing Irvine and Los Angeles office locations.
To be a successful Legal Operations Manager, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE
B.A. or A.A. degree, and/or an equivalent combination of education, experience and professional certifications (PHR, CLM). Knowledge of Word, Outlook (calendar/e-mail) or similar software, Excel, iManage. Must stay informed of changing laws concerning employment in California, and a minimum of 3+ years of legal operations experience is required.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
Certified Legal Manager (CLMSM) certificate preferred, but not required.
Recruiters need not apply.