Klinedinst seeks an IP Litigation Associate to join its expanding IP litigation group. The ideal candidate will have prior experience in all phases of the litigation and pre-trial processes in both state and federal court, as well as private arbitration. Jury or bench trial experience is a plus but not required. The candidate will have the opportunity to serve a vital role in the representation of clients in a wide range of IP and commercial disputes, including unfair competition, privacy, business and technology disputes, and soft IP (e.g., trademark, copyright, trade secret, DMCA), as well as multidisciplinary advisement with Klinedinst’s Outside General Counsel, Corporate Transactional, and Technology practice groups.
Candidates must be licensed with the State Bar of California. Remote working arrangements may be available. Preferred candidates will have excellent writing and oral advocacy skills and 3+ years of prior law firm IP litigation experience. Clerkship and court experience is not required but a plus. Prior experience with patent litigation and/or a technical undergraduate degree is also a plus, but not required.
If you are looking to hone your litigation and IP skills and gain insight in both litigation and transactional IP and technology-focused matters, you could be the next IP Associate to join Klinedinst.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Draft and research responsibility for pleadings and contested motions (such as motions to dismiss, summary judgment, injunctions, etc.)
- Oral argument and trial advocacy, deposition, and written discovery responsibility
- Counsel, clearance, prosecution, and enforcement of U.S. and foreign trademark and copyright portfolios
- Analyze, review, and draft technology and IP related contracts, discussing issues and priorities with the business teams and corporate leadership at various stages of each project
- Supervise and work with outside counsel when appropriate on particular matters
- Provide counsel on a variety of legal topics, with a focus on contract, M&A, cyber, and other technology focused matters
The Klinedinst environment is where you will find:
- Supportive team-based law firm, with excellent support staff
- Business development-focused and forward-looking firm with opportunities to grow personally and professionally
- Chances to work on complex cases with significant responsibilities and client interaction
- A dynamic culture that embraces opportunities for remote working arrangements
- Open, honest, and transparent communication within the firm
- Merit-based compensation, with a pay range of $120,000-185,000 per year (depends on experience)
The lawyers at Klinedinst PC are regularly recognized by Best Lawyers, Martindale, and Super Lawyers. This is the place where careers are made. We seek candidates who have a strong desire to build their own practice on a diversified, multi-state platform. Pay ranges are provided in compliance with SB1162, California’s pay transparency law; actual pay may vary based on a variety of factors, including education, applicable experience, etc.
If you are entrepreneurially-minded and are looking for a fast-moving, fast-growing team, take a step towards a new career. Apply for our IP Litigation Associate position today.