Assists the IT department in the administration of local area computer network activities by performing the following duties.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Responds to the needs and questions of network users concerning their access to resources on the network and the operation of various software programs;
- Responsible for maintenance and monitoring of all backup systems including but not limited to, data, network configuration and active directory;
- Install and update software applications as required;
- Update the desktop operating system as required;
- User account administration including setup, rights, distribution and security groups;
- Remote troubleshooting with terminal services, screen connect and other remote management software;
- Setup and breakdown Audio/Video equipment including, but not limited to, laptops, projectors and screens;
- Provide assistance to Litigation Support Team;
- Responsible for configuring and maintaining desktop deployment system utilizing Microsoft Deployment products;
- Member of firm network and infrastructure team;
- Monitors and administers the network, keeping system information up to date in a network log;
- Installation and maintenance of virtual desktop environment utilizing VMWARE;
- Moves, adds, changes to network and phone system;
- Part of team that rotates on-call 7/24 support; and
- Responsible for product and project documentation.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
Bachelor’s degree (B.A.) from a four-year college or university; or one to two years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as probability and statistical inference, and fundamentals of plane and solid geometry and trigonometry. Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical solutions.
Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
None are required, but should be in pursuit of a professional certification.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel; talk or hear and see. The employee frequently is required to stand, walk, and sit. The employee is occasionally required to reach with hands and arms and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Professional business office environment. Employee may be required to travel to branch office sites to provide network user support.
If you are looking for the opportunity to be a part of our San Diego office, please e-mail your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Recruiters need not apply.