SAN DIEGO, CALIFORNIA – Each year, business owners face an increasingly complex employment landscape. To help employers get up to speed as the new laws come into effect, Klinedinst hosted a special end-of-year employment law update.
Nadia P. Bermudez and Thomas E. Daugherty from Klinedinst’s Employment Group presented today on these new regulations, touching upon these critical 2021 updates:
- COVID-19 Supplemental Paid Sick Leave
- Cal/OSHA Enhanced Enforcement and Reporting Requests
- Workers’ Comp Presumption for COVID-19
- Family Leave changes
- Classification of Independent Contractors – exceptions to ABC test
- Employer Pay Data Reporting Requirement
- Settlement Agreements in Employment Disputes
- Statute of Limitations for Labor Code Complaints
- Secretary of State Statements of Information
- Minimum Wage/Exempt Salary Threshold Increases
- EEOC Guidance on COVID-19 Issues
These webinars are designed to keep HR professionals and business executives up to date, and included practical guidance for addressing common issues faced by employers.
Attendees earned 1.0 PDCs toward SHRM-CP and SHRM-SCP recertification. It also provided 1 hour MCLE credit.
To help employers keep ahead of the evolving legal landscape, Klinedinst periodically hosts employment law training and workshops throughout the year. Be sure to review our employment news updates, and register to receive notifications of future workshops.
Klinedinst is the go-to firm for clients looking for litigation, trial experience, transactional representation, and legal counsel. The firm’s offices in Los Angeles, Sacramento, San Diego, Irvine, and Seattle service the entire West Coast. What sets Klinedinst apart is the relationship our attorneys foster with each and every client. Klinedinst lawyers are indispensable strategic partners to business leaders, helping to achieve business objectives and create proactive solutions to resolve the many legal challenges that businesses are confronted with every day. Whether vigorously advocating for business clients in court, or guiding business transactions and negotiations, Klinedinst is the trusted legal advisor to have by your side.