SAN DIEGO, CALIFORNIA – Each year, business owners face an increasingly complex employment landscape. It is critical for employers to be up to speed and compliant as the new laws come into effect.
Nadia P. Bermudez, Susan K. Chelsea and Thomas E. Daugherty from Klinedinst’s Employment Group will break down down exactly what you need to know about these new regulations.
This employment law presentation will cover these critical 2018 updates:
- Minimum Wage Increases in California
- Salary Exemption Rate Changes
- Update to Sexual Harassment Training Requirements
- “Ban the Box”
- Prohibition on Salary History Inquiries
- Small Business Employee Leave
- Contractor Wage & Hour Liability
- Immigration Enforcement Notice
- Expansion of Labor Commissioner Enforcement
- Training Requirements for Servers and Bartenders
- Non-binary Gender Identification
These webinars are designed to keep HR professionals and business executives up to date, and will include practical guidance for addressing common issues faced by employers.
The webinar has been pre-approved for 1-hour credit toward California GPHR, HRBP, HRMP, PHR and SPHR recertification through the HR Certification Institute. This program is valid for 1.0 PDCs toward SHRM-CP and SHRM-SCP recertification. It also provides 1 hour MCLE credit.
There will be two webinar showings:
- Tuesday, December 19, 2017 from 11:00 a.m. – 12:00 p.m. PST
- Thursday, January 11, 2018 from 1:30 p.m. – 2:30 p.m. PST
Registration including continuing education credit is only $100.00, but use promo code SOCIAL75 and your registration will be discounted by 75%.
Please click here to register for either showing:
Klinedinst has become the go-to firm for clients across California, across the West, and across the globe. Our litigators, trial attorneys, and transactional lawyers guide clients through every problem, finding solutions at every turn. The firm serves clients from offices in Los Angeles, Sacramento, San Diego, Santa Ana, and Seattle. Whether representing businesses in court, helping negotiate transactions, or handling matters in state, federal, or appellate courts, Klinedinst attorneys help to get the job done.