The San Diego office of Klinedinst PC is seeking a qualified Paralegal who will join our team with 2-6 years of experience working in litigation support role with the knowledge of the litigation process. If you are a self-starter who is looking for growth and a friendly environment, we would like to hear from you. As a Paralegal, you will work alone as well as develop working relationships within a team environment. This position will work directly with our attorneys to prepare for upcoming cases, get involved in fact-finding projects. The ideal candidate for this position needs to be organized, professional and committed to meet our clients’ needs. Essential duties and responsibilities will include:
- Prepare and draft legal documents such as briefs, pleadings, discovery, record summaries and subpoenas.
- Conduct and research facts to prepare case accordingly.
- Prepare summaries and organize document files for discovery and trial;
- Research and analyze legal resources such as statutes, judicial decisions, legal articles, treaties, etc.
- Provide case management and organization from inception; discovery, trial and post-trial support. Review and analyze documents for production.
- Prepare and process pre-trial and document subpoenas and coordinate complex discovery on cases.
- Provide courtroom support during trial.
- Direct, coordinate activities of legal secretaries, records clerks, and services clerk on complex projects.
- Experience with Relativity eDiscovery software preferred but not required.
- Record billable time on client matters.
- Coordination of delivery of records to various interested parties including co-counsel and experts.
- A certificate of completion of a paralegal program approved by the American Bar Association.
- Excellent communication and organization abilities.
- Strong research skills.