Klinedinst’s Energy and Natural Resources Group (ENRG) provides a full range of services, drawing from our diverse team of practitioners, including high-stakes transactions and litigation, and day-to-day advice regarding regulatory compliance, government incentives, and environmental issues. Our experience includes work in traditional and renewable energy sectors. We provide services to public utilities, clean tech companies, and solar, wind, oil, and natural gas power producers.
ENRG assists clients from start to finish with a variety of transactions, including corporate formations, private placements, restructuring, mergers and acquisitions, secured financings, power purchase agreements, and engineering, procurement, and construction contracts. Our goal is to help clients succeed by effective and efficient advice, practical approaches, and industry knowledge.
ENRG clients look to Klinedinst to help them resolve their disputes quickly and efficiently, whether those disputes are litigated in state or federal courts, arbitration, public utilities commissions, or elsewhere. Our experience includes litigation regarding utility tariffs, franchise agreements, utility infrastructure, and professional liability, including:
- Representation of engineering company in dispute regarding the design of oil drilling infrastructure and compliance with the Air Pollution Control District regulations.
- Representation of utility company in litigation concerning overhead clearances of distribution wires.
- Representation of engineering company concerning design of waste-to-energy production facilities.
- Representation of utility company in application for variance before Cal-OSHA.
- Representation of a solar array maintenance company accused of causing microfractures in solar modules.
- Defending biosolids power plant developer as the real party in interest in CEQA litigation.