Commitment to Diversity
Klinedinst PC is dedicated to the advancement of traditionally underrepresented groups in the legal profession. An individual’s success at the firm is not determined by gender, race, ethnicity, national origin, or sexual orientation. Klinedinst has long recognized that building a diverse workforce helps re-define the legal landscape, and provides better legal representation by enabling a broader understanding of clients’ perspectives and needs.
As part of its diversity initiative, the firm focuses on recruiting, training, retaining and promoting personnel and attorneys from different cultural, social, and economic backgrounds. Klinedinst’s core values of empowerment, work-life balance, and individual professional growth have helped the firm to recruit and retain a diverse workforce.
Diversity is not a new initiative for the firm. Klinedinst was an original signatory to the Los Angeles County Bar Association’s 2005 Statement of Diversity Goals and Principles. In 2016, Klinedinst was awarded the Corporate Diversity Award from the Earl B. Gilliam Foundation for their continued efforts in promoting diversity in the legal and business communities.
The firm never rests on accomplishments, concluding that it has done all that it can to promote diversity. To the contrary, Klinedinst is constantly evaluating and improving institutional diversity efforts, and has created and empowered a firm-wide Diversity Committee charged with:
- Identifying, recommending, and creating opportunities to recruit and retain a representative workforce;
- Promoting firm-wide participation in local and national community organizations;
- Identifying areas of strengths and weakness within the firm’s overall diversity plan; and
- Ensuring opportunities for personal career growth and advancement for all attorneys.
Klinedinst PC encourages participation in organizations that promote diversity within the community, including:
- National Asian Pacific American Bar Association
- Korean-American Bar Association of Southern California
- Asian American Bar Association
- Wiley Manuel Bar Association
- Minority Bar Mixer
- Lawyers Club of San Diego
- Minority Corporate Counsel Association
- Hispanic National Bar Association
- Earl B. Gilliam Bar Association
- California Bar Foundation
Diversity is an essential part of the firm’s fabric and core philosophy. Please contact Natalie Vance with questions about the firm’s diversity efforts.