Scott Carr is Klinedinst’s Director of Marketing and Community Relations, with direct responsibility for the firm’s marketing and community outreach across the West Coast.
Mr. Carr originally began his work with Klinedinst as a consultant in 2001, overseeing the build out of the firm’s website. Over time, he was asked to take on more and more marketing responsibilities for a growing firm that was expanding across the West.. Today, as a member of the firm’s management team, Mr. Carr oversees a department responsible for external and internal communications across all five offices, as well as the firm’s community outreach programs.
In the community, Mr. Carr is an active speaker on topics including social media, online promotion, and marketing development. He is active within Rotary International, having previously served as District Governor with direct oversight for over sixty Rotary clubs and organizations in Southern California. He and his wife are active in supporting several worthwhile charities, including the Senior Community Centers of San Diego, the Marine Toys for Tots Foundation, The Rotary Foundation, and the KPBS Radio Reading Service.
In 2010, Mr. Carr was awarded the Community Service Award by the San Diego Volunteer Lawyer Program. In 2012, he was recognized by San Diego Metropolitan Magazine as one of its 40 Under 40.
Mr. Carr graduated magna cum laude with a Bachelors in Business Administration from the University of San Diego. He graduated with department honors and an emphasis in marketing and finance.
Professional and Community Affiliations
- Clark County Bar Association (CCBA)
- California Lawyers Association (CLA): Member, Marketing and Communications Committee
- San Diego County Bar Association (SDCBA)
- San Diego Volunteer Lawyer Program: Co-Chair, LAF-Off (2007-2013)
- Rotary International: Past President, Rotary Club of San Diego Downtown Breakfast (2011-2012), District Governor (2017-2018)
- Sepsis Alliance: Past Board Member
- Friends of Balboa Park: Past Board Member
- Marine Toys for Tots Foundation
- USLAW NETWORK: Chair, Marketing Group (2015-2016)
Recognition and Awards
- 40 Under Forty, San Diego Metropolitan Magazine (2012)
- Pro Bono Publico Community Service Award, San Diego Volunteer Lawyer Program (2010)