Klinedinst’s Intellectual Property (IP) attorneys counsel and litigate the full spectrum of copyright, trademark, trade dress, patent, and trade secret issues. Our lawyers represent mid-size to large companies in all areas of IP protection and registration. In fact, our firm is the first stop for many corporations and entrepreneurs seeking to prosecute or defend a trademark or copyright infringement case, as well as suits alleging trade secret misappropriation.
Our attorneys are uniquely equipped to handle the diverse legal needs of IP clients. Our professionals provide traditional representation such as prosecution of trademarks before the USPTO and defending patent infringement suits, as well as non-traditional representation such as performing IP audits and valuation services. Our business-oriented approach means that we look to resolve cases prior to litigation if that best meets the client’s business goals, help clients resolve issues before they arise, and when necessary actively litigate cases when in our clients’ best interests. We are able to draw on the vast resources of our experienced litigators statewide to assist in patent, trademark, copyright, and trade dress infringement matters. We also serve as local counsel in IP matters in all California courts for law firms without a California presence.
Our attorneys help protect IP rights for clients in both traditional and new economies. We provide legal counsel protecting the unique needs of both innovative e-businesses and brick-and-mortar cornerstones of the economy. Our outstanding team of attorneys, paralegals and staff is dedicated to maximizing our clients’ investments and revenue streams.
Our team has an exemplary background in the complex, ever-changing world of Intellectual Property litigation, including:
- Trademark and trade dress infringement litigation;
- Trade secret and breach of license litigation;
- Prosecution and defense of trademark and copyright infringement cases;
- Practice before the USPTO, including registration of trademarks, and arguing before the Trademark Trial and Appeal Board;
- Registration of copyrights with the Library of Congress;
- Negotiation and drafting of trademark, copyright and patent licenses for an array of products, from cutting-edge software applications to construction safety barricades;
- Internet development, software, and licensing agreements litigation;
- Implementation of comprehensive IP audits to maximize clients’ asset values and revenue, and to minimize potential liabilities;
- Developing detailed strategic plans for protecting clients’ IP and trade secret portfolios;
- Negotiation, preparation, and litigation of non-disclosure, licensing, and IP- related employment agreements;
- Drafting of entertainment contracts and litigating entertainment disputes, related to protecting copyright, trademarks, trade dress, and trade secrets on behalf of Klinedinst’s clients in the entertainment industry.