As businesses move firmly into the age of big data, social networks, and cloud services, the ability to properly gather, protect, and harness user data in compliance with the law presents an enduring challenge. An improper response to a data breach, failure to comply with regulations, or gap in contractual protections for the same can result in serious legal consequences on top of an already difficult crisis situation. The critical question for companies is not whether these situations will arise, but when, and what they can do to protect against such situations.
Klinedinst’s Privacy and Data Security team helps clients across a range of industries proactively prepare for these problems before they ever occur. Our attorneys also provide effective counsel solutions should the worst happen. Our Privacy and Data Security group provides:
- Internal privacy, document and data retention, and security policies;
- Website and in-app privacy policies, electronic disclaimers, and end user license agreements;
- Data breach response plans, disclosure obligations, crisis response and user conflict situations;
- Privacy and data security audits;
- Data sharing agreements;
- Regulatory privacy compliance in the health, finance, and education industries; and
- Consumer protection and data breach litigation.