SAN DIEGO, CALIFORNIA – Klinedinst announced that it teamed up with CBIZ MHM once again to host a live 2018 Employment Law Update session for executives on Wednesday, February 21, 2018, 7:30am – 9:00am in San Diego, CA.
As one of the nation’s leading accounting providers, CBIZ provides top-level financial and insurance services to organizations of all sizes and throughout the U.S. Thomas E. Daugherty and Natalie P. Vance from the Klinedinst Employment team offered practical guidance for addressing common issues faced by employers.
Each year, business owners face an increasingly complex employment landscape. The seminar provided insight on risk avoidance and compliance and covered these critical 2018 updates:
- Minimum Wage Increase
- Salary Exemption Rate Changes
- Update to Sexual Harassment Training Requirements
- “Ban the Box”
- Prohibition on Salary History Inquiries
- Small Business Employee Leave
- Contractor Wage & Hour Liability
- Immigration Enforcement Notice
- Expansion of Labor Commissioner Enforcement
- Training Requirements for Servers and Bartenders
- Non-binary Gender Identification
- Legalization of Recreational Marijuana
Klinedinst is the go-to firm for clients looking for litigation, trial experience, transactional representation, and legal counsel. The firm’s offices in Los Angeles, Sacramento, San Diego, Santa Ana, and Seattle service the entire West Coast. What sets Klinedinst apart is the relationship our attorneys foster with each and every client. Klinedinst lawyers are indispensable strategic partners to business leaders, helping to achieve business objectives and create proactive solutions to resolve the many legal challenges that businesses are confronted with every day. Whether vigorously advocating for business clients in court, or guiding business transactions and negotiations, Klinedinst is the trusted legal advisor to have by your side.